Re: Verse block and separations (was: [bug] `org-latex-line-break-safe'

From: Max Nikulin
Subject: Re: Verse block and separations (was: [bug] `org-latex-line-break-safe' breaks the export of verse blocks to LaTeX)
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2022 21:48:00 +0700

On 16/10/2022 23:33, Juan Manuel Macías wrote:
Max Nikulin writes:

I am surprised that \vspace is added instead of empty line between
stanzas.

First of all, I'm afraid that in my previous post I mixed up two
different issues: the verse block bug and my personal opinions about the
new added constant. I should have separated these topics, sorry.

It was me who raised issues with verse exporter in discussion of newline commands. I was impressed by hard to read elisp code and its result.

I answer here what you comment about the verse blocks and later I will
open a different thread for the other issue.

I am trying to read with enough attention this discussion, for a while I have a couple of remarks specific to poetry.

with the stanzaskip \length. I remember that I commented on this anomaly
here on the list, a long time ago, but I can't find the original
message...

https://list.orgmode.org/87k0tjasty.fsf@posteo.net/
Juan Manuel Macías. [Small suggestion] on exporting verse blocks to LaTeX and vertical spaces. Tue, 15 Dec 2020 18:21:13 +0100

https://list.orgmode.org/?q=verse+vspace

In my init I have redefined the verse block like this, so that there is
a white line between stanzas, not \vspace

Do you still have real problems with current main HEAD state after adjusting patterns in your code?

        (format "%s\\begin{verse}%s\n%s\\end{verse}%s"
               vwidth

I have not verified it, but since I am not aware of a group wrapping this fragment, I suspect that :versewidth may have global effect, not limited to the current environment. Org variant of the function is rather close at this point.