Re: [BUG] ox-odt fails for org-id links (e.g., from org-roam v2) [9.5.2

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: [BUG] ox-odt fails for org-id links (e.g., from org-roam v2) [9.5.2 (9.5.2-gfbff08 @ /home/moritz/.emacs.d/elpa/27.2/develop/org-9.5.2/)]
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2022 03:16:44 +0000

> I am apologizing if my comments make no sense. I remember a thread on
> improper handling on id links in ox-html, so I am a bit surprised that a
> link to the whole file (if I got the goal of the patch correctly, of
> course) is the only problem with ODT.

It is likely not the only problem. But this thread is about one
particular problem that should also be fixed regardless of others.
If you find other problems, please report them.

> - ox-html may transform file suffix from .org to .html. Have I missed
> the same code for ox-odt?

ox-html does it according to org-html-link-org-files-as-html. ox-odt
does not provide such feature. If people need it, it can be added.

Here, we at least fix the export error. So that people can at least get
some exported .odt file.

> - Doesn't destination should be passed through some quoting-escaping
> function to avoid characters in file names that may make XML invalid?
> (Perhaps id links between .org files will be broken earlier.)
>
> Max Nikulin. Re: Internal link broken when publishing (was org-id with
> ox-html) Tue, 14 Sep 2021 23:33:43 +0700.
> https://list.orgmode.org/shqit9$8ds$1@ciao.gmane.io

It should be. But, similar to ox-html, it is not escaped.
Patches welcome.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,