Re: Line breaks and brackets in LaTeX export

From: Max Nikulin
Subject: Re: Line breaks and brackets in LaTeX export
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2022 23:38:29 +0700

On 21/10/2022 10:34, Ihor Radchenko wrote:
Juan Manuel Macías writes:

I see the tabularray issue simply as an example that \empty is not as
reliable as we thought. There might be other LaTeX packages throwing
errors on \\\empty.

My impression is that tabularray has an ambitious goal to replace all current table packages. I have no idea if other packages will adopt similar approach with regexp-based parsing instead of usual expanding of TeX commands.

I do not like necessity to add \NewTableCommand\empty{} to documents somehow (only if tabularray is loaded). I do not have an idea better than \\[0pt] and an optimizing filter to remove [0pt] in almost all cases.