Re: [BUG] hyperbole action key on path name results in org-element-cache

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: [BUG] hyperbole action key on path name results in org-element-cache warning [9.6-pre (release_9.5.5-997-ge58bd0 @ /home/grfz/src/org-mode/lisp/)]
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2022 07:43:47 +0000

Gregor Zattler <grfz@gmx.de> writes:

> Dear org-mode and hyperbole developers, hitting hyperbole's
> action-key with point in "~/src/org-mode/contrilb/lisp" in a
> *Pp Eval Output* buffer holding my complete load-path
> resulted in this org-element--cache warning:
>
>  ■  Warning (org-element-cache): org-element--cache: Org parser error in *Pp
> Eval Output*::5288. Resetting.
>  The error was: (error "rx ‘**’ range error")
>  Backtrace:
> "  backtrace-to-string(nil)
>   org-element-at-point()
>   org-element-context()
>   hsys-org-link-at-p()

This is a hyperbole bug.
The latest version of Org no longer supports calling
org-element-at-point in non-Org buffers. Previously it worked by
accident and did not throw an error.

I recommend using regexp constants from Org to match against org-like
constructs outside Org mode buffers.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,