Re: Request for feedback: ox-linuxmag

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: Request for feedback: ox-linuxmag
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2022 13:55:24 +0000

Damien Cassou <damien@cassou.me> writes:

> I'm done writing ox-linuxmag, an exporter for the French GNU/Linux
> Magazine: https://github.com/DamienCassou/ox-linuxmag.

Why not using org-export-define-derived-backend?
Also, linuxmag might be confused with
https://www.linux-magazine.com/tags/view/Operating+Systems/GNU

> (defconst ox-linuxmag--resources-dir
>   (expand-file-name "resources" (file-name-directory (or load-file-name
> (buffer-file-name))))
>   "Directory containing the style and template XML files.")

This will spoil the installation dir.

> ox-linuxmag--template

Your template function has side effects. Side effects are usually
implemented inside the export function. like ox-linuxmag--export-to-odt

> ox-linuxmag--export-to-odt

Why is it marked as private function? By convention, Org exporters
provide public function to export programatically.

And it is (interactive), which is even more strange given that it is
marked private (--).

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,