Org Haskell code blocks

From: Dominik Schrempf
Subject: Org Haskell code blocks
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2022 16:47:01 +0200

Hello,

I have trouble using Haskell code blocks in Org Mode.

1. I need to use the following Org Mode file header:

#+property: :header-args:haskell: :prologue ":{\n" :epilogue ":}\n"

#+begin_src haskell :exports none :results none
:set prompt-cont ""
#+end_src

Otherwise, the results of Haskell code blocks are scrambled.

2. I need to set `haskell-process-type' to `ghci'. The default
interpreter `cabal-repl' does not find any external modules (even core
modules included with GHC).

However, I get the error message "org-babel-script-escape:
‘org-babel-script-escape’ expects a string", when executing the first
code block which starts the interpreter. Seemingly, the error has no
effect because everything works fine.

3. I have to set `org-edit-src-content-indentation` to 0, and always put
the source code to text column 0, otherwise syntax highlighting does not
work.

Do others have the same problems? If so, have there been discussions
about how to improve this situation?

Thank you for your help!

Dominik