Re: bug#58774: 29.0.50; [WISH]: Let us make EWW browse WWW Org files cor

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: bug#58774: 29.0.50; [WISH]: Let us make EWW browse WWW Org files correctly
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2022 20:36:52 +0300

* Andreas Schwab <schwab@suse.de> [2022-10-26 16:58]:
> On Okt 26 2022, Jean Louis wrote:
>
> > * Andreas Schwab <schwab@suse.de> [2022-10-26 15:48]:

> >> This is what browse-url-handlers is for.
> >
> > Content type is not an URL scheme.
>
> The predicate can do whatever it needs to determine the handler.

With "predicate" do you mean URI scheme?

browse-url-handlers ⇒ (("gemini:" . elpher-go) ("gopher:"
. elpher-handler-go) ("about:" . hyperscope-about) ("hyperscope:"
. hyperscope-go) ("e2dk://" . amule-handler))

An alist with elements of the form (REGEXP-OR-PREDICATE . HANDLER).
Each REGEXP-OR-PREDICATE is matched against the URL to be opened
in turn and the first match’s HANDLER is invoked with the URL.

Then -- if URL structure would provide content type, it would work.

Otherwise it is not related to my wish. The URI scheme I wish to use
is `https:' and nothing else.

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns