Re: Error opening an .org file

From: Juan Manuel Macías
Subject: Re: Error opening an .org file
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2022 17:21:52 +0000

Renato Pontefice writes:

>         I’ve edited and commented all the lines of it. And The error
>         persist. So (was you told)maybe the error is not of init.el
>         But I’m unable to run emacs from termnal.
>         How can I do?
>         I’m in Mac osx 12.6.1 where do I can find emacs?

Renato, I'm not a Mac user, but I imagine it will be like any other
Unix: you have to launch a terminal from your desktop (i guess there
will be in macos an app called "terminal" or something like that), and
once inside the terminal, just type:

emacs --debug-init

and press enter. Emacs (GUI) will open and you should pay attention to
the error messages that Emacs will show you. That will give you a clue
as to where the error is in your Emacs startup.

Best regards,

Juan Manuel