Re: Getting X selection reliably (Re: idea for capture anywhere in x)

From: Max Nikulin
Subject: Re: Getting X selection reliably (Re: idea for capture anywhere in x)
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2022 14:33:33 +0700

On 29/10/2022 13:03, Samuel Wales wrote:

fluxbox is the only wm or de that seems to do everything i need.
Then you should have no problem to call `org-capture' using emacsclient as a menu entry action. Does it work for you? From my point of view "capture anywhere in x" task should be roughly solved. The following steps may be necessary to polish the approach and to make it reliable.

P.S. I forgot to post a link to a fluxbox bug that was quite annoying for me when I was trying to test something in a lightweight environment. I had to rebuild fluxbox package with an additional patch:
Cannot move Gnome 3.12 applications