Re: Position 972

From: tomas
Subject: Re: Position 972
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2022 19:46:55 +0200

On Sat, Oct 29, 2022 at 06:29:28PM +0200, Renato Pontefice wrote:
> Bruno,
> With the common you told me I reach che 972 /M-g c 972) and I found this:
>
> ;;;;;;Org mode configuration
>  Enable Org mode
> (require ‘org)
>
> Could be this the error?
>
> Now I’ve erased the two ;; save init.el and restart emacs, but now I obtain:

No, no: you have to put (at least one) ; in front of "Enable".

Thing is: a semicolon marks a comment (so Emacs doesn't try to read
it as a program), and this line "Enable Org mode" is meant as a
comment. The mark is missing.

The whole thing should look like this:

;;;;;;Org mode configuration
;; Enable Org mode
(require ‘org)

(actually it doesn't matter how many ; are in front of Enable, but
two would correspond to the convention).

Cheers
--
tomás