org-export: How to handle links to the exported file? (was: [BUG] ox-odt

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: org-export: How to handle links to the exported file? (was: [BUG] ox-odt file: links are not pointing to the real files (was: [BUG] ox-odt fails for org-id links (e.g., from org-roam v2) [9.5.2 (9.5.2-gfbff08 @ /home/moritz/.emacs.d/elpa/27.2/develop/org-9.5.2/)]))
Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2022 05:47:49 +0000

TLDR: If we have and Org file with a link point to the same Org file,
how should we export it?

> A couple of other notes.
>
> In HTML <a href="#">top</a> or #top works as a link to the beginning of
> the document. I am curious if ODF has a similar feature. I mean ID at
> the top of the same file that generates file.org link instead of
> internal one for both HTML and ODF formats.

Currently, we have no convention.

In Org mode:
- [[file:/path/to/self]] links will do nothing, or follow org-file-apps.
- [[if:document-property-drawer-id]] links will move point to the top

What about export?
- Should we treat links as file links to the original Org file?
  (One can argue that it is a good default is one wants to write
  something like: "This document has been generated from
  file:/link/to/source.org"
- Should we treat them as "jump to top", similar to our id: link
  behaviour in Org?

I'd say that retaining the current behaviour will be the most reasonable.
I do not see much utility to linking to exported document itself, while
I do see a utility to link to the original file.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,