Re: How to set folder where to find files to look for Agenda

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: How to set folder where to find files to look for Agenda
Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2022 06:15:36 +0000

Renato Pontefice <renato.pontefice@gmail.com> writes:

> With this expression on my init.el, I would set that Agenda view, looks for
> this folder and sub folder that reside on a cloud to look for informarion
> that need to be shown on Agenda view.
> ------------------------------------
> (setq org-agenda-files
>       '( "\Volumes\renato07"
>        ))
> ———————————————————
>
> But it seems it does not happens
>
> In the folder renato 07 I have many .org file that can be part of Agenda, but
> if I press C-a a I see an empty agenda, like if the files are not considerate
>
> Do I need a final / (slash)?

You do not need a final slash.

Note that your directory path looks strange. What OS are you on?

Try M-: (find-file "\Volumes\renato07") <RET>
If it does not work (Emacs does not open dired listing), the path should
be corrected. Try M-x dired and navigate to your desired directory. The
correct path should be displayed at the beginning of dired buffer.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,