Re: Can someone give an init.el wherein can start customize it?

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: Can someone give an init.el wherein can start customize it?
Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2022 05:02:51 +0000

Mati <mati@electrum-bikes.pl> writes:

> Can someone give an init.el wherein can start customize it?

I do not think that we can help you much here.

Config highly depends on your personal preferences and choice of
packages. (That's the whole point!) We are unlikely to understand what
you really want to achieve just from seeing the code and your limited
explanations.

The best we can suggest is:
1. Start from small config and add things gradually, so that you can see
   if something is broken after specific addition.
2. Do not put things you do not understand. If you really want something
   and you do not understand how a code snippet from internet works, ask
   on reddit/mailing list/matrix room/IRC, or dig into Emacs/Elisp/Org
   manual for better explanations.
3. Leave commentary on why you put specific piece of code into your
   config and how the code works. It will be extremely (I repeat,
   extremely!) useful when you go back to examine the config in future.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,