Re: Inserting tables programatically in elisp

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Inserting tables programatically in elisp
Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2022 13:23:22 +0300

* Heime <heimeborgia@protonmail.com> [2022-11-05 12:27]:
> The problem I see is that the code assumes use of org-mode, whereas
> I am interested in more general tables in any buffer.  At first
> perhaps just making a table for display rather than for user
> interaction.

You said you want them generated programmatically first. That is what
I also do and like.

Though I may often use PostgreSQL for data storage, and it's
Asciidoc table output function. It is built-in.

For presentation purposes I use HTML or PDF.

For presentation and purposes in Emacs, I use tabulated-list-mode and
often Org mode.

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns