Re: Document management system with Org?

From: Bill Burdick
Subject: Re: Document management system with Org?
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2022 22:04:30 +0200

I use orgroam for this sort of thing: https://www.orgroam.com/ In fact, I manage most of my org files with orgroam.

-- Bill

On Mon, Nov 7, 2022 at 9:52 PM Max Brieiev <max.brieiev@gmail.com> wrote:
Org newbie here.

Org advertizes itself as a note management and organizer system.

How suitable is it to manage documents?

Documents are files, usually in pdf format, stored as blobs on file
system. I need to attach some meta data to them. Like tags, for example,
'invoice' or 'contract' or some random notes.

I would also like to have a way to categorize a group of documents by
some criteria, e.g. by the name of a contractor.

It would be good to have a dired-like interface to browse documents and
manipulate them: view/copy/delete/attach to email etc.

What approach could I use for this?
Is there anything like that in Org ecosystem?

Thanks.