Re: Interest in an Org video meetup?

From: Russell Adams
Subject: Re: Interest in an Org video meetup?
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2022 14:02:27 +0100

On Tue, Nov 08, 2022 at 07:44:21AM +0000, Ihor Radchenko wrote:
> Russell Adams <RLAdams@adamsinfoserv.com> writes:
>
> > One of my concerns is the format. I used to goto user groups
> > frequently, and we could break up into smaller groups working on many
> > things.

> I am not sure if we even need to worry about multiple rooms. AFAIK,
> Emacs meetups generally do not gather more than a dozen of people max.

I used to attend the Houston Linux User's Group for a decade, in
person. We were hosted in a computer lab, and we'd alternate between
having a presentation and a workshop.

My point was not everyone wants a presentation. In person user groups
used to break up into small groups to solve a problem or check out a
neat solution, and people would drift between them.

That's making a time and place for everyone to meet, but then do as
they like among each other.

I'm happy to give a presentation, but would rather encourage a regular
meeting which is more of a group workshop.

                                    https://www.adamsinfoserv.com/