Re: Interest in an Org video meetup?

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: Interest in an Org video meetup?
Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2022 13:45:23 +0000

Russell Adams <RLAdams@adamsinfoserv.com> writes:

>> I am not sure if we even need to worry about multiple rooms. AFAIK,
>> Emacs meetups generally do not gather more than a dozen of people max.
>
> I used to attend the Houston Linux User's Group for a decade, in
> person. We were hosted in a computer lab, and we'd alternate between
> having a presentation and a workshop.
>
> My point was not everyone wants a presentation. In person user groups
> used to break up into small groups to solve a problem or check out a
> neat solution, and people would drift between them.
>
> That's making a time and place for everyone to meet, but then do as
> they like among each other.

This is an interesting idea to try. (I am more used to presentation +
free-for-all discussions.)

> I'm happy to give a presentation, but would rather encourage a regular
> meeting which is more of a group workshop.

As Sacha pointed, we should be able to create breakaway rooms in BBB.
So, I will let you decide the format. What you have in mind sounds quite
interesting.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,