Re: Document management system with Org?

From: Russell Adams
Subject: Re: Document management system with Org?
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2022 17:51:45 +0100

On Tue, Nov 08, 2022 at 06:32:32PM +0200, Max Brieiev wrote:
> Thank you. This was very useful.
>
> Seems like attachments will work for me.
>
> Also seems like I can use org capture templates to record metadata for
> different types of documents.
>
> Now I need to dig in to the Org manual...

Don't plan on using Org to manage the files (ie: folder layout/names),
but if you want to take notes on files that works.

For instance, for vendor exams I will read whitepapers and course
material linking my org file to the original PDF. I use org-noter to
let me take notes linked to the document in question!

https://github.com/weirdNox/org-noter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Un0ZRXTzufo

It's worked great for me.

                                    https://www.adamsinfoserv.com/