Re: extended background on org-block-end-line

From: Abdul-Lateef Haji-Ali
Subject: Re: extended background on org-block-end-line
Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2022 14:14:15 +0000

Hello Ihor,

On 09/11/2022, Ihor Radchenko wrote:
> This is because Org keeps the last newline visible and Emacs apply
> :extent t to that visible newline.

I saw the bug report on Emacs, but I am not sure how to reply to a thread there
without being subscribed to the mailing list, so I will reply here.

I think a possible solution that can be implemented in org-mode side would be
for the outline to include the new line character after `#+end_src` to hide the
whole line (including the extended background). The final result can then be
fixed by adding a newline character to the `...` glyph.

Do you think that would work?

-- Al