Re: [RFC] Re: Headings and Headlines

From: Rudolf Adamkovič
Subject: Re: [RFC] Re: Headings and Headlines
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2022 22:10:57 +0100

> I came to the conclusion that it will, in fact, be easier to change
> all things to use "headline" -- [...]

And by "easier" you mean "possible", right?  :)

> On the other hand, overwhelming feedback in this thread is the
> opposite -- change "headline" to "heading".

If Emacs Lisp cannot create aliases for symbols, well then it does not
matter what we all like.  Ha-ha!  Still, better to use a "less pretty"
(but precise) term than to have inconsistent naming across APIs.

P.S. We should also harmonize `evaluate' and `execute'; I can never tell
which one to look for when completing.

Rudy
--
"It is no paradox to say that in our most theoretical moods we may be
nearest to our most practical applications."

Rudolf Adamkovič <salutis@me.com> [he/him]
Studenohorská 25
84103 Bratislava
Slovakia