Re: Bug: html-postamble string does not allow space [9.4.4 (release_9.4.

From: Tim Cross
Subject: Re: Bug: html-postamble string does not allow space [9.4.4 (release_9.4.4 @ /usr/local/share/emacs/27.2/lisp/org/)]
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2022 08:49:40 +1100

>> This is all an aside to the actual bug, so please don't miss that
>> (unless it has been fixed) i.e. a org-html-postamble string with a space
>> in it does not work.
>
> I am confused here.
>
> The original bug talked specifically about situation like

> Are you saying that you cannot have spaces in org-html-postamble
> variable? If yes, could you please provide a reproducer?

To be honest, it was so long ago when I looked into verifying this
issue, I no longer recall the precise details. My memory was that just
having a space in the footer triggered the issue - it didn't have to be
only when the value was set via #+options, but I could be wrong. If you
cannot reproduce the bug just using spaces set, for example, with a
setting in org-publish-project-alist, then I'd say the issue is
resolved.

My main concern here was that it wasn't clear whether the underlying
issue had been addressed and while the doc improvements are great, I
didn't want the actual triggering issue to get lost amongst all the
rest.

Tim