[MAINTENANCE] Org orphanage?

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: [MAINTENANCE] Org orphanage?
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2022 08:17:35 +0000

Dear all,

This email is inspired by recent request by org-vcard maintainer to
transfer maintenance to someone else:
https://github.com/flexibeast/org-vcard

As a part of Org project (https://sr.ht/~bzg/org/), we currently have
https://git.sr.ht/~bzg/org-contrib/:

   org-contrib: Contributed packages to Org in search for new maintainers.

There, we do a very minimal maintenance and encourage people to take
over the containing packages.

Should we extend the org-contrib's current idea to other Org-related
packages that are seeking a maintainer? Similar to
https://github.com/emacsorphanage

We may temporarily use Org mailing list as a place to report bugs.

- This will give a better chance for interested people to contribute,
  and hopefully take over the work on abandoned packages.

- We can also guarantee some (very) minimal maintenance.

- And it will promote Org mailing list as a place to discuss Org-related
  staff.

WDYT?

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,