Re: [HELP] Translate/extend `org-clock-clocktable-language-setup' for Sp

From: Esteban Ordóñez
Subject: Re: [HELP] Translate/extend `org-clock-clocktable-language-setup' for Spanish/Dutch/more languages
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2022 10:21:09 +0000

>>>   '(("en" "File"     "L"  "Timestamp"  "Headline" "Time"  "ALL"
>>> "Total time"   "File time" "Clock summary at")
>>>     ("es" "Archivo"  "N"  "Fecha y hora" "Tarea" "Tiempo" "TODO"
>>> "Tiempo total" "Tiempo archivo" "Clock summary at")
>>
>> I don't know what "L" or "N" are.
>
> "L" is supposed to refer to heading "Level".

OK.  If "L" would be an abbreviation to "Level", "N" would be the right
abbreviation of the correct translation "Nivel".

> "Clock summary at" will be used as title:
>
> #+TITLE: Clock summary at [2022-11-28]

Then the translation looks OK.  Nevertheless, it sounds cranky.  If
there is an example of what the title has below it, it might be easier
to judge.  Perhaps the manual or another link has an example where it
shows that title on a generated document.  I have not found it in my
search.

> I am attaching a patch according to your suggestions. Under your name.
> Let me know if everything looks OK.

That is nice!

> Thanks for the help!

Thank you for your patience and all your work.  :-)

>>> P.S. I am taking this opportunity with an easy help request to see how
>>> many people would be interested to contribute non-code.
>>
>> Finally something that I can contribute to! :-D
>
> In theory, we tried to list ways to help that do not involve code in
> https://orgmode.org/worg/org-contribute.html#org27513d8

It looks appropriate.  But it is different to see a general description
(as in that link) than a small task to help with (as was with this
task).  The later is more motivating!

> Though it is hard to say how visible that page is from
> https://orgmode.org/. (It is "Contribute" link on top).

I do think that the "Contribute" link on top is accessible.

> More things also require translation in `org-export-dictionary'.

That sounds long .... Is there something concrete which is important to
help with?  I can destinate about 2 hours per week.  Maybe a little
more.