Re: Adding #+name to result block in babel

From: Henrik Frisk
Subject: Re: Adding #+name to result block in babel
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2022 23:13:44 +0100

Den tis 29 nov. 2022 kl 06:20 skrev Bill Burdick <bill.burdick@gmail.com>:
Hi Henrik,

On Tue, Nov 29, 2022 at 2:11 AM Henrik Frisk <frisk.h@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

Maybe I'm missing something obvious but is it possible to have a name be added to the result block such as running:

#+begin_src shell
  echo "Hello"
#+end_src

results in

#+RESULTS:
#+name: my_result
: Hello

Thank you!

Name your block, like this:
    #+name: my_result
    #+begin_src sh
    echo hello
    #+end_src

When you evaluate it, you'll get this:

    #+name: my_result
    #+begin_src sh
    echo hello
    #+end_src

    #+RESULTS: my_result
    : hello

Then you can use the result like this:

    #+begin_src sh :var value=my_result
    echo $value
    #+end_src

    #+RESULTS:
    : hello
Thank you! That was good to be reminded of, but I should have been more explicit in my first email. I'm working with a language (sclang) that for various reasons does not have support for variables in this way. The only option I have to include the results from one block is by using a noweb referens:

#+begin_src shell
   echo "Hello"
#+end_src

#+RESULTS: