Re: [BUG] Clipboard text pasted in two windows with a cloned buffer [9.6

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [BUG] Clipboard text pasted in two windows with a cloned buffer [9.6-pre ( @ /home/chomwitt/.config/emacs/elpa/org-9.6pre0.20221110.85807/)]
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2022 14:43:35 -0500

Alexandros Prekates <aprekates@posteo.net> writes:

> On Mon, 28 Nov 2022 10:28:41 +0000
> Alexandros Prekates <aprekates@posteo.net> wrote:
>
> I come across another case :
>

> WINDOW A ------                          WINDOW B -----
> * FOO1                                   * FOO1
> ** goo2                                  ** goo2
> ** zoo2                                  ** zoo2
> bla
> [[               <--- starting a link
> bla
>

> WINDOW A ------                          WINDOW B -----
> * FOO1                                   * FOO1
> ** goo2                                  ** goo2
> ** zoo2                                  ** zoo2...http://foo....
> bla
> [[http://foo....  <--- pasting a url
> bla

I can confirm the behavior on GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 1,
x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.30, cairo version 1.17.4) of
2022-02-02

Although it is confusing and unfortunate, it is "just" a display
error: if you switch to B and press TAB, the URL is in the right
place, and pressing TAB again folds the heading correctly, producing
what you expect.

I suspect that it's not just an Org problem: it is probably caused
when you paste into the middle of text that is invisible in the cloned
buffer. I have not tried it out however.

--
Nick

"There are only two hard problems in computer science: cache
invalidation, naming things, and off-by-one errors." -Martin Fowler