Re: [BUG] dead loop on (org-table-clean-line "|a|b|") [9.6 (release_9.6-

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: [BUG] dead loop on (org-table-clean-line "|a|b|") [9.6 (release_9.6-3-ga4d38e @ share/emacs/29.0.60/lisp/org/)]
Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2022 06:40:01 +0000

Lin Sun <sunlin7@hotmail.com> writes:

>> I cannot reproduce.
>> Can you please provide detailed steps starting from emacs -Q?
>
> The bug caused by the function org-table-clean-line​ calls the
> org-string-width​ inside a string-match​ clause without protection, for the
> org-string-width​ maybe change the match data then cause the string-match run
> into wrong result.

`org-string-width' does not touch match data.

Considering that you can only reproduce with Spacemacs, it might be
spacemacs screwing the match data. Not Org.

There is no reason to fix something not caused by Org on Org side.

I suggest you to contact Spacemacs devs.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,