Re: How to disable completely org-persist

From: Colin Baxter
Subject: Re: How to disable completely org-persist
Date: Sun, 04 Dec 2022 08:25:50 +0000

    > On Sat, Dec 03, 2022 at 01:19:47AM +0100, Angelo Graziosi wrote:
    >> I have already posted this to emacs-devel people (see
    >> https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2022-12/msg00045.html).
    >>
    >> After a recent Emacs build from master I find `org-persist`
    >> directory in my `.emacs.d` folder. It brings no benefit but only
    >> garbage in `.emacs.d`. So how can I disable the creation of that
    >> folder?

    > Now, now... "garbage" seems unnecessarily loaded, But...

    >> You should not enable this by default and let people that finds
    >> it really useful to enable it in its own init.el.

    > ...I won't quibble about the default, but I'd like to have a way
    > to disable it, too.

I too would like a means to disable org-persist. I don't doubt it may be
useful for those users with "large" org files with multiply src-blocks,
etc., etc., but, for me, I have not found any improvement in
performance. As remarked by the OP, the feature should not be
default-enabled.

Best wishes,

Colin Baxter.