Re: Adding #+name to result block in babel

From: Johan Tolö
Subject: Re: Adding #+name to result block in babel
Date: Sun, 04 Dec 2022 13:25:28 +0100

Henrik Frisk <frisk.h@gmail.com> writes:
[snipped]
 Then you can use the result like this:

     #+begin_src sh :var value=my_result
     echo $value
     #+end_src
#+RESULTS:
     : hello

This does not use the result but rather reevaluates the "my_result" code block.

Thank you! That was good to be reminded of, but I should have been more explicit in my first email. I'm working with a language (sclang) that for various reasons does not have support for variables in this way. The only option I have to include the results from one block is by
using a noweb referens:

#+begin_src shell
   echo "Hello"
#+end_src

#+RESULTS:
#+name: my_result
: Hello

#+begin_src sclang :noweb yes
  <<my_result>>
#+end_src

You could try adapting the examples for using :post at the end of: https://orgmode.org/manual/Results-of-Evaluation.html

But in my (limited) experience it is difficult to get the output right.

Another suggestion is to use a templating system for generating the src block and include the #+name: part in the template. I use yasnippet for this.

--
Johan Tolö