Re: Multiple versions of Org in load-path problem

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: Multiple versions of Org in load-path problem
Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2022 09:10:04 +0000

David Masterson <dsmasterson@gmail.com> writes:

> I have to play with the solution I suggested.  I'm beginning to wonder
> if it will cause other problems with (seeming) Org dependent packages.
> In my case, the error I get is from various use-package calls --
> something like "Error: org-assert-version is not known".  This is
> confusing because I've arranged my .emacs as (almost) an alphabetical
> from packages loaded before Org.  IOW, org-assert-version from 9.6
> shouldn't be loaded yet and 9.3 doesn't have org-assert-version. So
> what's referring to org-assert-version?

If you install Org via package-install (or :ensure t), Org 9.6 should
get loaded once package system is initialized. Emacs should correctly
put ELPA's version of Org in from of the load-path. However, it looks
like Org 9.6 compilation is off and `org-assert-version' macro is
compiled as a function call instead of a macro.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,