bash code block runs slow on org 9.6

From: Majzoub, Eric
Subject: bash code block runs slow on org 9.6
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2022 18:34:15 +0000

I've got a code block that looks like the following.

#+name: read_csv
#+begin_src bash :results replace :exports none
  cat ./file.csv | gawk -f ./awkfile.awk | tee .tmp1.dat;
#+end_src

This runs essentially instantaneously in org 9.5.5, but it takes much
longer, about 2 seconds or more on org 9.6, using the first release
version. Pre-release versions of 9.6 were even slower, so it seems it's
improved. But still, it's a lot slower than 9.5.5. What can I do to
diagnose the slowdown?

BTW, I'm using emacs 29.0.60, but it's the same result in emacs
30.0.50. My CSV file is pretty small, maybe 100 lines at most, and the
awk script runs essentially instantaneously on the file in an xterm.

Eric