Re: Flyspell causes severe slowdown when manipulating footnotes

From: Rudolf Adamkovič
Subject: Re: Flyspell causes severe slowdown when manipulating footnotes
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2022 00:43:23 +0100

> I just pushed a slight optimization to the footnote sorting code.

Unrelated to the footnotes mentioned above, but I noticed that Org
starts and kills Ispell all the time.  I see the following messages
repeated over and over when working with Org:

  Starting new Ispell process aspell with american dictionary...done
  Ispell process killed

For the sake of experiment, I have just tried to export (to HTML) a
subtree that contains nothing in it but a single BibTeX source block.
Sure enough, Org started and killed a new Ispell process!

P.S. I use Flyspell with the following (standard) configuration:

  (add-hook 'after-init-hook
            (lambda ()
              (add-hook 'text-mode-hook #'flyspell-mode)
              (add-hook 'prog-mode-hook #'flyspell-prog-mode)))

Rudy
--
"Strange as it may sound, the power of mathematics rests on its evasion
of all unnecessary thought and on its wonderful saving of mental

Rudolf Adamkovič <salutis@me.com> [he/him]
Studenohorská 25
84103 Bratislava
Slovakia