Re: [BUG] org-mouse is activated without explicit require

From: Greg Minshall
Subject: Re: [BUG] org-mouse is activated without explicit require
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2022 06:49:35 +0300

Matt,

> I'm not too familiar with how emacs handles autoloads. However, I find
> org-mouse is automatically loaded if I call describe-function and then
> tab complete after typing "", "org-", "org-m", etc. This seems enough
> to load the entirely of the org-mouse.el file.

i'm also not an expert on autoload, but i noticed this in the e-lisp
info pages:
----
Autoload by Prefix

During completion for the commands ‘describe-variable’ and
‘describe-function’, Emacs will try to load files which may contain
definitions matching the prefix being completed.
----

and, i wonder if that at least explains part of your question.

cheers, Greg