Re: Flyspell process called frequently when using Org export (was: Flysp

From: Rudolf Adamkovič
Subject: Re: Flyspell process called frequently when using Org export (was: Flyspell causes severe slowdown when manipulating footnotes)
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2022 16:54:47 +0100

> Rudolf Adamkovič <salutis@me.com> writes:
>
>> Unrelated to the footnotes mentioned above
>
> Note how I change the email subject to mark a new topic.
> In Emacs, it is M-x message-change-subject

TIL!  Thank you.

> I am unable to reproduce using the latest Org.

I apologize for not providing a sequence of reproduction steps.

Upon further investigation, Org frequently starts and kills the
spellchecker when the document contains `LocalWords' comments.

1. Start Emacs

   emacs -Q

2. Configure Flyspell

   (add-hook 'text-mode-hook #'flyspell-mode)
   (add-hook 'prog-mode-hook #'flyspell-prog-mode)

3. Create a new Org file

   # LocalWords: xyz

   Hello there!

4. Export the file to HTML

Expected:

  No Ispell process started on export.

Actual:

  A new Ispell process started on export.

P.S. I also see Org starting Ispell over and over when holding down
`C-v' in a long document that contains lots of scattered `LocalWords'
comments.

Rudy
--
"The whole science is nothing more than a refinement of everyday
thinking."

Rudolf Adamkovič <salutis@me.com> [he/him]
Studenohorská 25
84103 Bratislava