org-babel shell in windows not finishing command

From: Vlastimil Vondra
Subject: org-babel shell in windows not finishing command
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2022 09:17:44 +0100

Hello,

I'm trying to run some shell block code (in windows they should evaluate in cmd). But when executing org-babel block code, it seems that org-babel is not finishing the last command. If I run:

#+begin_src shell :results output
  echo %cd%
  echo "hello"
#+end_src

then the output is

#+RESULTS:
: Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.19045.2251]
: (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
:
: c:\Users\johndoe\Org>echo %cd%
: c:\Users\johndoe\Org
:
: c:\Users\johndoe\Org>More?

More? means cmd is expecting some additional command (creating multiline statemens). In cmd typying either ( or ^ result in More?, but I don't know what is causing this error in org-babel. Interestingly, if run like this:

#+begin_src shell :results output :session shell
  echo "%cd%"
  echo "hello"
#+end_src

I'm getting the right output:

#+RESULTS:
: Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.19045.2251]
: (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
: echo "%cd%"
: "c:\Users\johndoe\Org"
: echo "hello"
: "hello"

But only when run for the first time, if running for second time, I'm getting this:

#+RESULTS:
:
: cd%"
: "c:\Users\johndoe\Org"
: echo "hello"
: "hello"

Any way how to fix it either with :session shell command or without?

Best regards,
Vlastimil Vondra