Re: Org and Multimedia..?

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: Org and Multimedia..?
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2022 14:16:05 +0000

David Masterson <dsmasterson@gmail.com> writes:

> Is it possible to attach (say) an image to a task?

> I'd like to use images to help explain tasks better (or just remind me
> what my intention was).  I imagine you could do something with file
> links, but is there a defined method?  Issues:

https://orgmode.org/manual/Attachments.html ?
Or just use file links to images stored alongside the org file in the
folder.

> 1. Directory structure containing Org / Media files
> 2. Syncing images with Org files to other systems
> 3. In particular, syncing to smart phones (BeOrg, Orgzly, ...)

You can store attachments/separate files in "data/" or "images/" folder
near the Org file. Then, sync the files as usual.

I am not sure if BeOrg/Orgzly support inline images, but it is probably
the feature they are going to implement eventually.

> 4. Any add-on packages that would help

Looks like built-ins should be sufficient.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,