Re: Autoloading side effects (was: Re: [BUG] org-mouse is activated with

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: Autoloading side effects (was: Re: [BUG] org-mouse is activated without explicit require)
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2022 09:52:44 +0000

>> We have `org-modules' that can handle calling `org-link-set-parameters'.
>
> Sorry, but I have not got your idea. Currently `org-modules' is just a
> list of packages that should be loaded with org.el.
>
> It is possible to introduce some convention either in Org or in Emacs to
> add default action for a package. Then in addition to just loading a
> package (with no side effects) a set of functions should be implemented
> that loads and *activates* the package.

We can simply process 'ol-* in `org-modules' specially.
Although, I am not having second thoughts about behaviour of require.

The original issue reported in this thread is actually strange - we have
no single autoload cookie in org-mouse.el. May it be something to do
with the new Emacs autoload generation?

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,