Re: [BUG] org-mouse.el breaks org-open-at-point

From: Matt Lundin
Subject: Re: [BUG] org-mouse.el breaks org-open-at-point
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2022 10:08:23 -0600

> Matt Lundin <mdl@imapmail.org> writes:

>> - What currently happens if org-mouse has been loaded:
>>
>>   - calling "C-c C-o" with the keyboard cycles the visibility of the
>>     entry

> Patches welcome!
>
> I think we need to modify `org-open-at-mouse' directly instead of
> using advice.

I can give this a try.

The advice in org-mouse.el currently does the following:

 - cycles when on headline
 - toggles checkbox when on checkbox
 - cycles plain lists when on a list item

Would it make any sense to make this part of the default behavior or
org-open-at-mouse?

If not, I think I can make it dependent on the value of
org-mouse-features, thus giving user the option of turning off the extra
mouse click behavior via that variable (as a workaround to avoid
undesired side effects of calling interactive help). This would be a
temporary workaround until the org-mouse is converted to a global minor
mode.

Matt