Re: 9.6 - hide-drawer-startup option(s?) [9.5.5 (release_9.5.5 @ /usr/lo

From: Kévin Le Gouguec
Subject: Re: 9.6 - hide-drawer-startup option(s?) [9.5.5 (release_9.5.5 @ /usr/local/share/emacs/29.0.50/lisp/org/)]
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2022 19:34:09 +0100

> Thanks for the heads-up!
> Fixed on bugfix.
> https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs/org-mode.git/commit/?id=4323a19b1
> https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs/org-mode.git/commit/?id=47bcdce19

Fixes duly noted, thanks 🙏

Just to make sure I understand this new setting correctly: by default,
despite org-cycle-hide-drawer-startup being t, it's ineffectual, because
org-startup-folded defaults to 'showeverything, right?

(Asking because when reading the ORG-NEWS entry for the new option in
isolation…

> The new custom setting gives more control over initial folding state
> of the drawers.  When set to =nil= (default is =t=), the drawers are
> not folded on startup.

… my initial reaction was "oh neat so LOGBOOKs will be folded on startup
by default", until I tried, got surprised they remained open, frowned
for a moment, then remembered this other bit…

> **** Folding state of the drawers is now preserved when cycling headline
> visibility
>
> In the past drawers were folded every time a headline is unfolded.
>
> Now, it is not the case anymore.  The drawer folding state is
> preserved.  The initial folding state of all the drawers in buffer is
> set according to the startup visibility settings.

… then it clicked)