Re: Does variable 'org-goto-interface' exist?

From: Max Nikulin
Subject: Re: Does variable 'org-goto-interface' exist?
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2022 21:27:19 +0700

On 14/12/2022 14:55, Ihor Radchenko wrote:
Max Nikulin writes:
Perhaps it is better to introduce some more concise notation to specify
the package where a custom option or variable is defined like
~org-goto-interface~ (=org-goto.el=).

Note, however, that org-goto is probably not the only place where we
refer to a customization that is not loaded by default.

This the exact reason why I decided to consider some general convention.

So, maintaining the proposed convention might not work well.

I agree. In addition, I do not see a way to make such convention semi-active to help users to access docs easier.

So I suggest to leave the Org manual as is and perhaps to improve C-h completion instead. Actually I am surprised that symbols are not transformed to help links in info buffers.