Re: org-agenda-dim-blocked-tasks don't use org-todo face

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: org-agenda-dim-blocked-tasks don't use org-todo face
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2022 08:43:33 +0000

Mark Kerr <mkerr23@gmail.com> writes:

> I understand your viewpoint,  Ihor. Actually, it was mainly the font
> size of the TODO keyword that I wanted to retain, not the colour.
>
> The org-agenda-dimmed-todo-face overlay overrides the size set in
> org-todo face, which breaks my layout.

It should not, by default.
If it is, please try to reproduce the problem starting from emacs -Q, so
that I can see what is ha penning using my Emacs.

> I have been fiddling with the face and overlay rules, but my knowledge
> is not up to the task. From what I can tell, overlays always overwrite
> faces.

No, they do not. Overlays apply their faces on top of text properties
and on top of overlays with lower priority.

"On top" means that only face attributes that are "specified" are
overwritten. `org-agenda-dimmed-todo-face' only overwrites :foreground
by default.

Note, however, that your Emacs theme might change this. You can examine
the output of M-x describe-face <RET> org-agenda-dimmed-todo-face <RET>.
Pay attention to "Inherit", if any. The attributes of inherited faces
are also considered.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,