Babel (scheme): Evaluation errors are not shown

From: Marc Nieper-Wißkirchen
Subject: Babel (scheme): Evaluation errors are not shown
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2022 13:03:32 +0100

When I evaluate erroneous code of an Elisp code block like

#+BEGIN_SRC elisp
(x)
#+END_SRC

I see the error message ("Symbol's function definition is void: x") in
the minibuffer (and in the *Messages* buffer).

This is not the case with Scheme code blocks; evaluating the code block

#+BEGIN_SRC scheme
(x)
#+END_SRC

just gives "Code block evaluation complete (took 0.2s)." in the
minibuffer (and in the *Messages* buffer).

Is this a known error? Or is there a way to enable error messages?

I am using org 9.6 with geiser 20221205.1417 and geiser-chez
20221027.137 on Emacs 27.1.

Thanks,

Marc