Re: orgmode 9.6

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: orgmode 9.6
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2022 02:59:16 +0300

* Paul Schlesinger <phschlesinger@gmail.com> [2022-12-17 00:31]:
> Just to remind you the encoding warning does not occur with the same files
> using the emacs 28.1 with orgmode 9.52 included.  The characters that
> trigger the warning are ones that are not found in UTF-8 and since I do a
> lot of editing of web documents and do not correct them until final
> output.  orgmode has ignored them in the past (BEFORE 9.6) and  I am happy
> with that as long as the files do not become corrupted.  Can one set the
> encoding in orgmode as not having to configure file in real time would be
> helpful.

I remember that I was solving those issues by other editor that
automatically recognized those wrong characters and offered me to
normalize it.

I believe that editor was the `mousepad'.

Here is what I suggest to you:

1. Make a copy of the file that has the errors.

2. Try opening it with the `mousepad' and see if it is offering you
correction.

3. Save it with the `mousepad'.

4. Open it with Emacs and see if it works at that point.

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

In support of Richard M. Stallman