Re: Bug: Function org-heading-components is not resilient [9.4.3 (9.4.3-

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Bug: Function org-heading-components is not resilient [9.4.3 (9.4.3-elpa @ /home/data1/protected/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20201216/)]
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2022 03:04:40 +0300

* Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@posteo.net> [2022-12-17 12:59]:
> The error looks like you attempted to run `org-heading-components' in
> non-Org buffer. `org-heading-components' behaviour in non-Org buffers is
> undefined.

OK I can change it for my personal use, however, consider that
function `org-heading-components' is useful to parse headings of Org,
as Org markup too often comes in different other modes, for example,
when I write e-mails, in mail-mode on this mailing list we have too
often Org markup.

Also consider that many Org function work outside of the Org mode, I
find it not consistent by design. for example, create

* Heading

and run

M-x org-id-get-create

--