Re: Recommended way to work on main without upgrading Org?

From: Milan Glacier
Subject: Re: Recommended way to work on main without upgrading Org?
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2022 02:52:08 -0500

On 12/21/22 19:19, Karthik Chikmagalur wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to work on the main branch of Org, with the intent of creating a
patch.  However, I need to continue using Org 9.5 for everyday work in a
separate Emacs session as I can't have things breaking.  Is there a recommended
way to run two simultaneous instances of Emacs using two different Org versions?

I use Straight to install Org 9.5.  I've cloned the latest main branch from
Savannah to work on, but I'm not able to test my changes cleanly since there
are two org versions in the mix -- technically three including the built-in
version that's been shadowed.

Karthik

Try to use emacs-29 which allows you to specify alternative init load
path if you don't want to use chemacs?