Re: org-persist files in /tmp

From: Max Nikulin
Subject: Re: org-persist files in /tmp
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2022 21:12:52 +0700

On 23/12/2022 13:35, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
On Thu, Dec 22, 2022 at 11:07:52PM +0700, Max Nikulin wrote:
Another idea is to avoid caching of parse result for small files.

I haven't been following along very closely, but seeing the
involved complexities, I'd appreciate a knob to disable caching
altogether.

Ihor wrote that org-persist usage is not limited to org-element cache. Another case is referenced remote files. Perhaps e.g. LaTeX preview still uses old approach for generated image, but it is rather close case.

I do not mind to have a setting that disables org-persist, but it requires some amount of work. Its priority unlikely will be high.

If you demonstrate that e.g., when working with encrypted files, their sensitive content leaks to the cache then it will raise the severity of the issue. Of course, the always appreciated option is to provide a patch that consistently makes org-persist optional.