Feature request: "task table" (similar to clock table)

From: Marcin Borkowski
Subject: Feature request: "task table" (similar to clock table)
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2022 08:50:08 +0100

Hi fellow Orgers,

I've been using clock tables for some time now, and they are very
useful.  However, it has just occurred to me that I'd really appreciate
another feature - a "task table".  By this, I mean a table (generated
much like a clock table) with a summary of all tasks in a given
file/subtree/etc.: how many of them there are, how many are in any
state, maybe how many have scheduled times and/or deadlines, how many
are past their deadline...

Now, question 1: is there any feature in Org mode to make C-c C-c do
something when the point is on a line e.g. matching certain regex?  This
way I could extend Org mode to do that myself.

I peeked around and found out `org-ctrl-c-ctrl-c-hook', so that's that.
Pretty nice!  Although some functions allowing stuff like "substitute
the results for the block that follows" etc. might be also nice.

Question 2: am I the only one who would like to see such a feature?
Would someone like to code it?  (I /might/ be tempted to do that, but
it's kinf difficult: while I signed FSF papers some time ago, I've
changed jibs since then and I suppose I'd need to got through some more
paperwork to fix that; also, I'm not sure whether I really want to, and
whether my employer would be willing to let me.)

TIA,

--
Marcin Borkowski
http://mbork.pl