[BUG] warning message for straight-use-package [9.6 (9.6-gb2adb6 @ /User

From: Stephen Eglen
Subject: [BUG] warning message for straight-use-package [9.6 (9.6-gb2adb6 @ /Users/stephen/.emacs.d/straight/build/org/)]
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2022 16:39:02 +0000

Hi,

I use straight.el for package management, and a recent package (I think
it was todoist.el) pulled in org-mode.  This then caused the warning
about mismatch between the org-mode in Emacs and the one from the repo.

I read the *Warning* and in particular this bit:

3. New Org version is loaded using straight.el package manager and
   other package depending on Org is loaded before straight triggers

   It is recommended to put
    (straight-use-package ’org)
   early in the config.  Ideally, right after the straight.el

so I copied the elisp straight into .emacs.  This then
generated an error, because the symbol 'org had been copied across as
’org.

Checking the source, I see line 77 of org-macs.el has

     (straight-use-package 'org)

so I'm not sure what the fix is, but does anyone have any ideas on
providing a warning that uses the correct quote character?

Thanks, Stephen

Emacs  : GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 1, aarch64-apple-darwin21.6.0, NS
appkit-2113.60 Version 12.5 (Build 21G72))
 of 2022-08-08
Package: Org mode version 9.6 (9.6-gb2adb6 @
/Users/stephen/.emacs.d/straight/build/org/)