Re: Is function 'org-insert-property-drawer' usable?

From: Ruijie Yu
Subject: Re: Is function 'org-insert-property-drawer' usable?
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2022 10:36:39 -0600

Alain.Cochard@unistra.fr writes:

> The manual says:
>
>    You can interactively insert a drawer at point by calling
>    ‘org-insert-drawer’, which is bound to ‘C-c C-x d’. [...]  With a
>    prefix argument, this command calls ‘org-insert-property-drawer’,
>    which creates a ‘PROPERTIES’ drawer right below the current
>    headline.
>
> For me,
>
>    C-u C-c C-x d
>
> does insert a 'PROPERTIES' drawer, but
>
>    M-x org-insert-property-drawer
>
> does not.  In fact 'M-x org-insert-p<TAB>' offers no completion.  I
> generally use this kind of information to use my own key bindings, but
> here I cannot (don't know how).

According to the source code of `org-insert-drawer', I think the manual
is saying that when ARG is non-nil, the function simply calls
`org-insert-property-drawer'.  However, `org-insert-property-drawer' is
not declared interactive, so you wouldn't be able to M-x it.  You could,
however, still run it via elisp:

      M-: (org-insert-property-drawer) RET

Best,

RY