Re: [MAINTENANCE] Org orphanage?

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: [MAINTENANCE] Org orphanage?
Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2023 15:12:48 +0000

Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> writes:

> Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@posteo.net> writes:
>
>> I do not think that it is a good idea:
>
> Fair enough.  There seems to be very little interest in contributing
> to https://orgmode.org/worg/org-orphanage.html with abandoned Org
> packages so far: I suggest we worry on enhancing this page once there
> is enough contributions there.

I do not really expect much interest as long as the orphaned packages
keep working. And, more importantly, as long as the original package
source (like Github) does not direct users to Org ML.

Package users are the most likely people who will be interested to take
over the maintenance.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,