Re: [MAINTENANCE] Org orphanage?

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [MAINTENANCE] Org orphanage?
Date: Sat, 07 Jan 2023 11:07:19 +0100

>> Indeed, perhaps https://github.com/emacsorphanage is a good shelter
>> for Org orphan packages already.
>
> It is a good shelter, but I was hoping to promote Sourcehut and
> discourage people using Github to report issues in favour of Org mailing
> list.

I see, and I agree, especially if issues against Org orphan packages
are to be reported on the Org mailing list at some point.

Shall I create https://git.sr.ht/~bzg/org-orphan-packages ?

> Otherwise, I have no objections to Jonas Bernoulli doing the background
> maintenance. Less work for us at the end.

It's probably wiser to expect org-orphan-packages maintainers to come
from the Org community, rather than drawning Jonas Bernoulli into more
maintenance workload...

> One thing we may do though is letting him know about
> https://orgmode.org/worg/org-orphanage.html - he may contact us or use
> GitHub mentions, and he may let us know when a new Org-related package
> lands on his repo.

I updated https://orgmode.org/worg/org-orphanage.html with Org
packages from https://github.com/emacsorphanage - once you agree that
we create https://git.sr.ht/~bzg/org-orphan-packages, we can suggest
Jonas to move the Org abandoned repos from emacsorphanage to our repo,
and to add a note on emacsorphanage's README?

--
 Bastien